Telekonsultation – 2023-10-03 12:14
How many Bicon implants were placed so far?
Thank you for your interest in BICON ultrashort implants. I understand that you are looking for a dental solution that can restore your ability to chew firmly, following the extraction of a tooth. Based on the expectations you outlined, I believe the BICON ultrashort implants could be a suitable solution for you.
The BICON ultrashort implant system is a unique dental implant solution. The system utilizes implants that are 8mm or less long, which differentiates them from conventional or traditional implants that are typically longer than 10mm. As such, a different approach and surgical procedure is required for the placement of ultrashort implants to ensure their long-term success.
In addition, these implants are not screwed into the bone, but rather, they are tapped into it. This design, characterized by a plateau geometry, guarantees a higher contact area between the implant surface and the surrounding bone. The implant body is completely covered by bone and the “grip” into the bone is more stable than screw-retained implants.
The surgical procedure for short implant placement is designed to be as least traumatic as possible. The technique demands the use of low-drilling with burs that are not cutting at the edge to avoid bone perforation and nerve trauma. This procedure is divided into three main steps: the insertion of the implants, the affixing of the prosthetic component, and the final fitting of the prosthetic.
Given your interest in 3D Implant Navigation, it’s important to note that our standard procedure for computer-guided implantology incorporates this technology. This includes 3D Intraoral Scanning, 3D Digital Volume Tomography (DVT) Scan, 3D Virtual Implant Planning, and 3D Surgical Implant Navigation. These methodologies make the procedure minimally invasive, precise and comfortable for the patient.
In terms of costs, the total expense per arch varies between 12,000€ and 20,000€, depending on the number of implants and the type of prosthetic selected.
One of the many advantages of our procedure is that the fixed prosthesis is anchored to the implant abutments using a friction system. No cementation or screws are needed. Therefore, should any issues arise with the prosthesis in the future, it can be removed and fixed without the need for special devices.
I hope this information provides a clearer understanding of the BICON ultrashort implant procedure. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.
Prof. Dr. Mauro Marincola
(Text created with artificial intelligence, not vidiert)
1. **BICON Ultrashort Implants**: A type of dental implant that is designed to be 8mm or less long. They are different from conventional implants and require a unique surgical approach for successful placement.
2. **Plateau Geometry**: A characteristic feature of short implants that provides a higher contact area between the implant surface and the bone, leading to a more stable grip.
3. **3D Implant Navigation**: A technology used in computer-guided implantology that helps in precise and minimally invasive placement of dental implants.
4. **Low-Drilling with Burs**: A surgical technique used to place short implants with reduced trauma to the bone.
5. **Prosthetic Component**: The part of the dental implant that serves as a support for the artificial tooth or teeth.
6. **3D Intraoral Scanning**: A method used to create three-dimensional images of the oral cavity, helping in precise planning and placement of dental implants.
7. **3D Digital Volume Tomography (DVT) Scan**: A type of imaging technique that provides three-dimensional images of the bone structures, aiding in precise implant planning and placement.
8. **Friction System**: A method of anchoring the prosthesis to the implant abutments without the need for cementation or screws.
Ordination Dr. Michael Truppe Albertgasse 3/6 1080 Wien
Telefon 01 408 95 00 66
Diese Antwort wurde mit künstlicher Intelligenz (KI) für einen virtuellen Patienten im Rahmen eines Forschungsprojektes erstellt. Die Angaben der Behandlungskosten wurden mit KI durch Abfrage der öffentlich zugänglichen Autonomen Honorarrichtlinien erstellt. Ein Behandlungs- und Heilkostenplan wird nach den Richtlinien der Zahnärztekammer erst nach einem Termin in der Ordination erstellt.
© 2023 Eurodoc Telemedizin ForschungsgesellschaftmbH